Monday, March 4, 2024
Monday, March 4, 2024
HomePakistan45-Year-Old Man Dies After Alleged Police Torture in Faisalabad

45-Year-Old Man Dies After Alleged Police Torture in Faisalabad

In a distressing incident that has left a community in shock, a 45-year-old man, Mohammad Riaz, passed away under suspicious circumstances allegedly involving police torture. The incident occurred in Faisalabad, a city in Pakistan, where Riaz owned a local workshop. He was taken into custody by local policemen, leaving family members and witnesses questioning the events leading to his tragic demise.

Riaz’s apprehension took place under unclear circumstances, with witnesses reporting that a private car and a police mobile were involved in his arrest. The lack of explanation provided to Riaz and his family about the arrest has raised concerns about due process and the treatment of detainees by the authorities.

Family members and eyewitnesses have voiced their dismay at the lack of transparency in Riaz’s arrest and subsequent detention. They contend that the police failed to provide essential information, casting a shadow of doubt on the handling of the situation.

An unnamed police official has confirmed that Riaz’s health deteriorated during his time in police custody. According to the official, Riaz was moved to a hospital after he complained of health problems. Nevertheless, many are skeptical of this account, asserting that the alleged torture Riaz suffered and the lack of transparency surrounding his arrest might have significantly contributed to his tragic demise.

The family has made further troubling allegations against the authorities, claiming that Riaz had a substantial sum of money, approximately 6 lakh rupees, at the time of his arrest. However, this money was reportedly missing from his personal belongings when they were returned to the family following his death. This has raised suspicions about the circumstances surrounding his arrest and the subsequent events.

After the incident, Riaz’s body was transferred to a mortuary for a postmortem examination. Authorities have not yet released an official statement regarding the cause of death, as they await the results of the examination.

Read more: PTI’s Shehryar Afridi, Shandana Gulzar released after IHC suspends MPO orders

The mysterious circumstances surrounding Mohammad Riaz’s death have prompted outrage and concern within the community. Calls for a thorough and impartial investigation into the incident have grown louder, as people seek clarity about what truly transpired. The incident serves as a reminder of the importance of transparency, accountability, and adherence to proper legal procedures in law enforcement actions.

As the investigation unfolds, the truth behind Mohammad Riaz’s tragic demise remains uncertain, leaving his family, friends, and the community at large searching for answers and demanding justice for his untimely passing.


More articles


Latest article